#GoodiePadwa: Photo Walk & Photo Contest
07:45:00 - 10:15:00
INR 0/- PER PERSON (All inclusive)
Gudhi Padwa, the Maharashtrian New Year is around the corner. A modern tradition of celebration that has emerged in the recent years is the ‘Shobha Yatra’, especially in the Maharashtrian dominated locality of Girgaon. It’s a celebration of colour and gaiety as both men and women deck up in their traditional best, decorate the streets with rangolis, climb on to their bikes and take the gudhi out on a pole in a procession through the neighbourhood. It’s an event begging to be photographed.
Join us on a #GoodiePadwa photo walk as we explore and capture the spirit of this celebration of Chaitra. Capture the joy of the gudis and the sheer energy of the processions with your camera - smartphone or DSLR, it doesn’t matter. Be a part of it too. Wear your pagadi and nath, mohanmala and ambada. Shoot and be shot on this unique photo walk. And make sure you tag the pictures correctly to make them eligible for the #GoodiePadwa photo contest. There are some great prizes to be won. The contest is open to all, even those who do not attend the photo walk with us.
PHOTO CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Follow Khaki Tours (@khaki.tours on Instagram, Facebook), or Twitter (@Khaki_Tours) and post photos or reels shot at the event. Use the tag #GoodiePadwa and tag us on every entry. Only photos with the relevant tags will be considered.
2. Account used to submit entries must be public.
3. Last date for entries: Sunday 26th March 2023, 11:59 pm IST.
4. Only new posts made between 22nd and 26th March 2023, will be considered.
5. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges decided by Khaki Tours based on creativity, quality, originality and overall impact.
6. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast, color grading and color adjustment, are acceptable. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
7. All decisions of the judging panel will be final. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
8. Prizes will be awarded in the following contest categories:
- Women’s Bike Rally
- People in Traditional Attire
- Dhol Tasha
- Gudhi Padwa 2023 Reel (including any of the above themes)
9. The winners will be announced over social media by 31st March, 2023.
There will be 1 winner and 2 runners-up prizes in each contest categories. In addition, there will be one ‘Popular Choice’ prize for the picture with the most likes and shares overall.
- First prizes: ₹1000 Amazon voucher + one voucher for any public or group walk conducted by Khaki Tours between April and June 2023, subject to availability.
- Runner-up prizes: ₹500 Amazon voucher + one voucher for any public or group walk conducted by Khaki Tours between April and June 2023, subject to availability.
- 'Popular Choice' Prize: ₹1000 Amazon voucher + one voucher for any public or group walk conducted by Khaki Tours between April and June 2023, subject to availability.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted may be used by Khaki or event sponsors for promotional purposes in print or online. You as the photographer are the copyright holder and you retain your rights to your photograph or reel.
2. For awarded photographs and reels you grant Khaki (and those authorized by Khaki) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any Khaki or sponsor’s purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of its website, exhibition, and products, including but not limited to Khaki and sponsor’s publications.
3. The winners must submit high res versions of their winning entries by email in .jpeg, .jpg, png or MP4 format, at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB.